Skip to main content
- From the National Cancer Institute. A resource to help you or someone you care about quit smoking.
- Information, resources, quizzes, tips, apps, text messaging programs, and other ways to help individuals quit smoking.
Quit Now Kentucky (quitnowkentucky.org) or call 1-800-QUIT-NOW or text QUITKY to 797979
- Cost: Free! For all ages.
- Live support by phone or online through e-mail, texting or online chat.
- Call 1-800-QUIT-NOW or Text QUITKY to 797979
- Visit the website: QuitNowKentucky.org
- Nicotine replacement therapy and counseling may be free to some callers.
- Materials to promote Quit Now KY can be requested by e-mailing email@example.com
My Life My Quit – provided through National Jewish Health.
- Youth tobacco and vaping cessation program.
- Free confidential service helping teens stop vaping, smoking and using tobacco products. For ages 18 and younger.
- Live support from quitting coaches by phone or online through e-mail, texting or online chat. Five free coaching sessions.
- Call 855-891-9989 or Text START MY QUIT to 855-891-9989 to begin the program
- Visit the website MyLifeMyQuit.com to enroll in the program
- My Life, My Quit now has a short-code for texting. Teens can text "START MY QUIT" to 36072
This is Quitting
The Vape Talk
- A conversation guide from the American Lung Association for parents and guardians.
Not on Tobacco (N-O-T)
- For ages 14 to 19.
- Session based cessation program through the American Lung Association. Taught by trained adults in ten, fifty-minute small group sessions.
- For Middle and High School students.
- Developed by MD Anderson Cancer Center at the University of Texas.
- Free bilingual online curriculum for schools, community organizations, and court systems. Includes pre and post-test, quizzes, certification of completion, and a reporting system.
- For ages 13-19.
- Created by the National Cancer Institute.
- Offers free tools online, a free app called quitSTART, free text messaging programs, SmokefreeTXT for smoking and vaping, and DipfreeTXT for smokeless tobacco.
The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center Smart Phone Applications